Wealth Engine just published its 2019 U.S. Millionaire Report – it is definitely worth a download. The document has some great insights – with lots of infographics! – into who (according to Wealth Engine’s data, make up 12.7% of the U.S. population) the millionaires are.
A few highlights:
- 23% of millionaires are business owners.
- 1 million are nonprofit board members.
- 84% are between the ages of 40 and 79.
- Top car makes for this group are Toyota, Ford and Honda.
- The top five states of residence are California, New York, Florida, Texas and New Jersey.
And my favorite: “One of the fastest growing millionaire segments is of millennial millionaires.” Let’s not completely discount the millennial generation just yet. The great transfer of wealth coming to this group will no doubt keep those numbers growing. Wealth Engine is also publishing a 2019 National Millennial Report, and I look forward to sharing that in a few months!
Think about this report in terms of your donors – how you are soliciting them and where they are in their individual stages of life. Enjoy reading and good lucking nailing down more of these millionaires to your prospect pool!